Primary contents from here.
Meeting New Challenges
- Brand Business and Retail Store Development with the Shanshan Group
- Accelerating Business Development in China' s Fast-Growing Downstream Area through Collaborations with Partners
- Entering TV Home Shopping and e-Commerce in China
- Building New Platforms in China' s Rapidly Growing TV Home Shopping and e-Commerce Markets
- Expanding from Apparel to the Entire Area of Lifestyle Categories, Utilizing Our Expertise in Brand Business: Le Pain Quotidien
- Taking Advantage of Our Brand Management Expertise to Support the Development of a Network of Le Pain Quotidien Restaurants
- Initiatives for the Environment
- Initiatives in areas such as organic cotton and INKMAX Co., Ltd (a business that develops eco friendly dyes).
- Environmental initiative: Fashion Earth PROJECT (FEP)
- FEP is a campaign to protect the environment that targets the entire fashion industry. This project will help prevent global warming by helping Japan meet its commitments under the Kyoto Protocol.
- Capital Alliance with Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group
- We have entered a Capital Alliance with Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group, a major textile conglomerate in China.
- North American IPP
- Discovering and Developing Major Projects in the World's Largest Power Market: North America.
- Wind Power Generation Business
- Working with GE to Identify and Invest in Projects in the Renewable Energy Field.
- Strengthening sales of environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient passenger planes
- Acquired rights to act as a sales agent for ATR, the world's largest.
- Developing the Business Areas Related to Health and Medical Care
- Aiming to Realize a Value Chain Concept
Metals & Minerals Company
- Iron Ore Project in Brazil
- As the leader of a consortium of Japanese and Korean companies, we have obtained a 40% equity position in NAMISA, an iron ore producer and distributor in Brazil.
- Iron Ore Project in Western Australia
- Jointly with BHP Billiton, a major resources company, we are developing a coal production business boasting an annual production volume of more than 160 million tons.
- Coal Project in Australia
- Jointly with Xstrata, a major resources company, we are developing a coal production business boasting an annual production volume of more than 30 million tons.
- Coal Project in Colombia
- Jointly with Drummond, a major resources company, we are developing a coal production business boasting an annual production volume of 25 million tons.
- Solar Power (CSP) plants in Spain
- We acquired a stake in two 50-megawatt Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) plants in partnership with Abengoa Solar. The plants are going to start operating in June 2012.
Energy & Chemicals Company
- Oil Field Development in the Caspian Sea
- In the Caspian Sea region, we hold a stake of approximately 4.3% in large-scale oil fields.
- Bioethanol Operations in Brazil
- ITOCHU began a capital participation in a business for the production and sale of bioethanol that uses sugar cane as a raw material and sugar.
- Brunei Methanol Company Sdn. Bhd.
- We set up an enterprise for producing and selling methanol in collaboration with Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals and Brunei national government organization.
The enterprise is currently selling products mainly to Asian markets.
- Ningbo Mitsubishi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- This company manufactures and sells PTA (purified terephthalic acid), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation and the CITIC Group jointly established it in Ningbo, China.
In the synthetic fiber raw materials area, the ITOCHU Group has been involved in sales for China's market for more than 20 years and as a trading company handles the largest volume of PTA for this market.
- Simbol Mining Corp.
- Aiming to secure lithium resources, for which demand is likely to grow rapidly as electric cars and hybrid vehicles become popular, we took a stake in U.S. resource development company Simbol Mining Corp.
- Comprehensive Business Ties with Liaoning Chengda
- Comprehensive Business Ties among Liaoning Chengda, ITOCHU, and Alfresa Holdings.
- Strengthening Our Partnership with the Ting Hsin Group
- We have invested in Ting Hsin (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp, which is the holding company for the Ting Hsin Group, a major food and distribution company in China and Taiwan.
- Comprehensive Tie-up with COFCO Limited
- A comprehensive strategic tie-up with COFCO Limited—China's largest food-related company—aiming for mutual growth and prosperity.
- The Export Grain Terminal on the west coast of United States (EGT)
- In collaboration with Bunge and STX Pan Ocean, we will build a new export grain terminal, which will be the largest on the west coast of the United States.
- The Bread Business in China
- We are entering the bread-making business in China by setting up a joint venture with Shikishima Baking Co., Ltd. and Wei Chuan Foods Corporation in the Ting Hsin Group.
- The Milk Powder Business in Australia
- We are developing the milk powder business in collaboration with the Australian dairy manufacturer, Burra Foods Pty Ltd.
- Karada Smile Project (Healthy food merchandising)
- We are collaborating with FamilyMart and the UNY Group on developing products based on the concept of
- Eat as much healthy food as possible.
- As much as possible, satisfy your body with food.
- Restructuring in the ITOCHU's Food Manufacturing Business
- Through business alliances with Prima Meat and ITOCHU Feed Mills, and with Prima Meat and Yayoi Foods.
ICT, General Products & Realty Company
- Celulose Nipo-Brasileira S.A.
- We produce eco-friendly pulp from the vast forest resources in Brazil.
- PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
- The largest distributor of screws and nails in the United States
- EUROPEAN TYRE ENTERPRISE LIMITED
- A tire wholesale and retail business providing the highest level of services in the United Kingdom
- Developing the environmental MOTTAINAI brand for a recycling-oriented society
- Aiming to Build a Sustainable Recycling Society, Spreading Japan's MOTTAINAI Mindset around the World.
- Deployment of "ecoFORTE", an IT-Based Energy Conservation Solution Service
- Currently providing "ecoFORTE Reporter", an energy conservation service compliant with the Revised Law Concerning the Rational Use of Energy.
- Insurance Brokerage and Risk Solutions
- Provide all types of risk management and relevant risk solutions
- Third Party Logistics in Pharmaceuticals
- The 3PL business offers bundled services from procurement to delivery of pharmaceuticals.
- Logistics in China
- Our logistics services utilize a distribution network that covers the whole of China.
- Logistics in India
- Provision of just-in-time services via the nationwide delivery network throughout India