Primary contents from here.
CSR and Our Business
We understand that it is part of our mission as a general trading company to analyze industry-specifi c issues and to provide solutions to them while conducting a broad array of business activities. In 2010, ITOCHU Corporation, originally engaging in the textile business, launched the Fashion Earth PROJECT to combat global warming with the participation of apparel manufacturers.
To steadily promote CSR through their business activities, each Division Company, and the administrative divisions that support them, takes the lead in identifying important social issues to confront and creating frontline-driven CSR action plans. CSR is then advanced in line with PDCA cycles.
CSR Action Plans and Report on Activities
- CSR at the Textile Company
- We place the priority on such CSR issues as further improving safety and customer satisfaction for goods and services. Also, we will strengthen CSR initiatives by promoting environment-conserving businesses and continuing CSR activities at group companies.
- CSR at the Machinery Company
- We develop and expand environment-friendly businesses and products which will reduce environmental impacts, endeavor to help realize an environmentally harmonious society, and contribute to the prosperity of local communities and international society.
- CSR at the Metals & Minerals Company
- We will contribute to society through the development and stable supply of mineral resources and initiatives for solar- and recycling-related businesses that are ecological to the earth.
- CSR at the Energy & Chemicals Company
- Ensuring stable supply of high quality products and services with maximum consideration for the global environment, we contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
- CSR at the Food Company
- We believe that we need to contribute to society and respond to society's needs through the stable supply of safe food, consideration for the environment and other CSR activities.
- CSR at the ICT,General Products & Realty Company
- We will contribute to the prosperity of local communities and international society and the establishment of safe, affluent lifestyles through the provision of environment-friendly products and highly creative services and solutions.
- CSR at Overseas Offices
- At ITOCHU, in order to promote CSR steadily, we formulate CSR action plans at each overseas bases, and, as a member of each community, work toward the development of community.