Primary contents from here.
The history of ITOCHU Corporation dates back to 1858 when the Company's founder Chubei Itoh commenced linen trading operations. Since then, ITOCHU has evolved and grown over 150 years.
With approximately 130 bases in 66 countries, ITOCHU, one of the leading sogo shosha, is engaging in domestic trading, import/export, and overseas trading of various products such as textile, machinery, metals, minerals, energy, chemicals, food, information and communications technology, realty, general products, insurance, logistics services, construction, and finance, as well as business investment in Japan and overseas.
|December 1, 1949|
|Masahiro Okafuji, President and Chief Executive Officer|
5-1, Kita-Aoyama 2-chome
1-3, Umeda 3-chome,
|9 Domestic, 115 Overseas|
Number of Employees
|ITOCHU is involved in domestic trading, import/export, and overseas trading of various products such as textile, machinery, metals, minerals, energy, chemicals, food, information and communications technology, realty, general products, insurance, logistics services, construction, and finance, as well as business investment in Japan and overseas.|
|Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Sapporo|
Transfer Agent of
|Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited|
- Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited
- Development Bank of Japan
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- The Norinchukin Bank
- Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- Shinkin Central Bank
- Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
- Aozora Bank, Ltd.
- Shinsei Bank, Ltd.
- Resona Bank, Limited
- Citibank, N.A.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Grupo Financiero Banamex, S.A. de C.V.
Europe & Africa
- Credit Agricole
- Standard Chartered Bank
- BNP Paribas
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Societe Generale
- Barclays Bank PLC
- Deutsche Bank
- ING Bank N.V.
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A
- Investec Bank Limited
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited
- SAMBA Financial Group
- Union National Bank
- National Australia Bank Limited
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited
- Bank of China
- Bank of Communications
- CIMB Thai Bank Public Company Limited
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- Kasikornbank Public Company Limited
- Malayan Banking Berhad
- RHB Bank Berhad