Primary contents from here.
Energy & Chemicals Company
The Energy & Chemicals company consists of three divisions: the Energy Division 1, the Energy Division 2 and the Chemicals Division.
Both Energy Division 1 and Energy Division 2 facilitate development and trade focusing on crude oil, natural gas, and the trade supply chains where ITOCHU's trade centers around the world operate organically.
The Chemicals Division handles basic chemicals, synthetic resin, synthetic fiber raw materials, electronic materials, secondary battery-related materials, and pharmaceutical products, among others.
We create synergies in both of these globally operating divisions and have created an optimal value chain in petroleum, gas, and chemicals, in an effort to enrich the lives of people in both Japan and around the world.
- Crude oil, Natural gas liquid (NGL), Gasoline, Naphtha, Kerosene, Jet fuel, Gas oil, Fuel oil, Bunker oil, Lubricant, Asphalt, Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), Liquefied natural gas (LNG), Natural gas, Bioethanol
- Basic chemicals, Aromatics, Raw materials for synthetic fibers, Organic chemicals, Agricultural chemicals, Methanol, Ethanol, Solvents, Specialty chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Inorganic chemicals, Chemical fertilizers, Raw materials for synthetic resins, Vinyl chloride, Synthetic rubbers, Electronic materials, Thermoplastic and thermosetting resins, Resin additives, Packing materials, etc.
- Mar. 29, 2013
- ITOCHU Announces Establishment of Drugstore Business Joint Venture in China
- Feb. 27, 2013
- Participation by ITOCHU Corporation in LPG Export Project in the United States
- Dec. 28, 2012
- ITOCHU Announces Capital/Business Partnership with Toda Kogyo Corp.
- Dec. 17, 2012
- Approval of Development of the Western Isles Development Project, U.K. North Sea
- Jul. 31, 2012
- ITOCHU Announces Capital Participation Agreement on Kureha Battery Materials Japan
- Oil Field Development in the Caspian Sea
- In the Caspian Sea region, we hold a stake of approximately 4.3% in large-scale oil fields.
- Bioethanol Operations in Brazil
- ITOCHU began a capital participation in a business for the production and sale of bioethanol that uses sugar cane as a raw material and sugar.
- Brunei Methanol Company Sdn. Bhd.
- We set up an enterprise for producing and selling methanol in collaboration with Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals and Brunei national government organization.
The enterprise is currently selling products mainly to Asian markets.
- Ningbo Mitsubishi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- This company manufactures and sells PTA (purified terephthalic acid), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation and the CITIC Group jointly established it in Ningbo, China.
In the synthetic fiber raw materials area, the ITOCHU Group has been involved in sales for China's market for more than 20 years and as a trading company handles the largest volume of PTA for this market.
- Simbol Mining Corp.
- Aiming to secure lithium resources, for which demand is likely to grow rapidly as electric cars and hybrid vehicles become popular, we took a stake in U.S. resource development company Simbol Mining Corp.
- Comprehensive Business Ties with Liaoning Chengda
- Comprehensive Business Ties among Liaoning Chengda, ITOCHU, and Alfresa Holdings.