Primary contents from here.
Consisting of four divisions, the Apparel Division 1, the Apparel Division 2, the Brand Marketing Division 1 and the Brand Marketing Division 2, the Textile Company develops the business in a range of fields from raw materials to finished products, from fashion to non-fiber materials, and is proud of its top billing among general trading companies in Japan.
- Raw Material & Material
- Fiber, raw materials, textile fabrics, lining and garment materials, shirts, denim, functional materials, and so on.
- Industrial Textile
- All kinds of fiber materials for industry and manufacturing, such as automobiles, aircraft, electronics, sports, building materials, and engineering, as well as general merchandise.
- All types of garments, from men's and women's fashion, underwear, sportswear and uniforms.
- Brand Business
- Television and Internet-based mail order businesses, as well as businesses focusing on import licenses for lifestyle brands, fashion accessories and garments in a wide range of areas, such as luxury, casual and sports.
- Apr. 1, 2013
- ITOCHU Announces Expansion of U.S. Casual Bag Brand LeSportsac into Developing Countries
- Jan. 30, 2013
- ITOCHU Announces Partial Stock Transfer of MAGASEEK Corporation, Operator of General Fashion Websites
- Dec. 21, 2012
- ITOCHU Announces Full-scale Expansion into China for U.S. Luxury Bag Brand HUNTING WORLD
- Dec. 14, 2012
- ITOCHU Announces Acquisition of Trademarks of US Brand Penfield
- Dec. 11, 2012
- ITOCHU Announces Plan to Start Handling Bear USA Brand Products
- Brand Business and Retail Store Development with the Shanshan Group
- Accelerating Business Development in China' s Fast-Growing Downstream Area through Collaborations with Partners
- Entering TV Home Shopping and e-Commerce in China
- Building New Platforms in China' s Rapidly Growing TV Home Shopping and e-Commerce Markets
- Expanding from Apparel to the Entire Area of Lifestyle Categories, Utilizing Our Expertise in Brand Business: Le Pain Quotidien
- Taking Advantage of Our Brand Management Expertise to Support the Development of a Network of Le Pain Quotidien Restaurants
- Initiatives for the Environment
- Initiatives in areas such as organic cotton and INKMAX Co., Ltd (a business that develops eco friendly dyes).
- Environmental initiative: Fashion Earth PROJECT (FEP)
- FEP is a campaign to protect the environment that targets the entire fashion industry. This project will help prevent global warming by helping Japan meet its commitments under the Kyoto Protocol.
- Capital Alliance with Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group
- We have entered a Capital Alliance with Shandong Ruyi Science and Technology Group, a major textile conglomerate in China.