- Food Resources
- Using supply locations in North America, Asia, Australia, Central and South America and elsewhere, we procure foodstuffs such as grains, ingredients for animal feed, oilseed, vegetable oil, sugar, fruit juice, coffee beans and livestock products for third party countries with the focus on Japan and Asia.
- Product Processing
- At the Food Company, we are stepping up initiatives in production and processing through Group companies. As well as making use of the strengths of the trading company in procuring ingredients, we also cooperate in marketing.
- Midstream Distribution
- With ownership of food wholesalers such as ITOCHU Shokuhin Co., Ltd. and NIPPON ACCESS, Inc., we are not only top of the industry in terms of size but, as a wholesaler with high added value and fully capable of responding to diversifying needs, we expect further growth.
- We will pursue a strategy rooted in customer needs, focusing on the retail segment such as FamilyMart, using the information obtained from customers as the key to developing a high value-added value chain involving everything from product development and manufacturing to the supply and procurement of ingredients.
- Feb. 9, 2016
- ITOCHU Announces Capital Participation in Global Cocoa Supply Chain Service Provider Transmar Group
- Jul. 31, 2015
- ITOCHU Announces Capital and Business Alliance with Chubu Shiryo
- Jul. 9, 2015
- ITOCHU Announces Capital Participation in Vegetable Oil Production and Sales in France
- Export Grain Terminal at the west coast of United States (EGT)
- Established one of the largest export grain terminals at the west coast of the United States
- Milk Powder Business in Australia
- We are developing the milk powder business in collaboration with the Australian dairy manufacturer, Burra Foods Pty Ltd.
- Dole Busines
- Acquisition of Asian Fresh Produce Business and Worldwide Packaged Foods Business of Dole
- Pork Production Business in Canada
- Acquired in HYLIFE GROUP HOLDINGS LTD., one of Canada’s leading pork producers
- Processed Cheese Manufacturing Business in Indonesia
- We established the first processed cheese plant in Indonesia as a Japanese company, jointly with Megmilk Snow Brand Co., Ltd. and a local partner PT RODAMAS.
- Inland Collection and Export of Grain in Brazil
- We acquired a stake in NATURALLE AGRO MERCANTIL LTDA., which engages in the business of inland collection and export of grain and the development and sale of soybean seeds in Brazil.