- Food Resources
- Using supply locations in North America, Asia, Australia, Central and South America and elsewhere, we procure foodstuffs such as grains, ingredients for animal feed, oilseed, vegetable oil, sugar, fruit juice, coffee beans and livestock products for third party countries with the focus on Japan and Asia.
- Product Processing
- At the Food Company, we are stepping up initiatives in production and processing through Group companies. As well as making use of the strengths of the trading company in procuring ingredients, we also cooperate in marketing.
- Midstream Distribution
- With ownership of food wholesalers such as ITOCHU Shokuhin Co., Ltd. and NIPPON ACCESS, Inc., we are not only top of the industry in terms of size but, as a wholesaler with high added value and fully capable of responding to diversifying needs, we expect further growth.
- The Strategic Integrated System (SIS) that forms the cornerstone strategy of the Food Company takes customer needs as its starting point and uses the information obtained as the basis for actions from product development and manufacturing to the supply and procurement of ingredients. Through associations with FamilyMart and other retailers, we are building a supply and demand system based on customer needs collected from those group retailers.
- Jul. 31, 2015
- ITOCHU Announces Capital and Business Alliance with Chubu Shiryo
- Jul. 9, 2015
- ITOCHU Announces Capital Participation in Vegetable Oil Production and Sales in France
- May 22, 2015
- ITOCHU Announces the Underwriting of the Capital Increase though Private Placement by Prima Meat Packers, Ltd.
- Strengthening Our Partnership with the Ting Hsin Group
- We have invested in Ting Hsin (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp, which is the holding company for the Ting Hsin Group, a major food and distribution company in China and Taiwan.
- Comprehensive Tie-up with COFCO Limited
- A comprehensive strategic tie-up with COFCO Limited—China's largest food-related company—aiming for mutual growth and prosperity.
- Export Grain Terminal at the west coast of United States (EGT)
- Established one of the largest export grain terminals at the west coast of the United States
- The Bread Business in China
- We are entering the bread-making business in China by setting up a joint venture with Shikishima Baking Co., Ltd. and Wei Chuan Foods Corporation in the Ting Hsin Group.
- The Milk Powder Business in Australia
- We are developing the milk powder business in collaboration with the Australian dairy manufacturer, Burra Foods Pty Ltd.
- Value-added product development business
- Promote product development unique to a general trading company, including development from raw materials, tie-ups with other types of business, and introduction of overseas brands
- Set up Integrated Supply Structure for Agricultural Products in Heilongjiang, China
- In Heilongjiang, China, form business tie-ups with Heilongjiang Bureau of Agricultural Reclamation and Heilongjiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Business Integration in the Food Distribution and Marketing Business
- The management of NIPPON ACCESS, Family Corporation Inc., ITOCHU FRESH Corporation, and Universal Food Co., Ltd. was integrated.
- Dole Busines
- Acquisition of Asian Fresh Produce Business and Worldwide Packaged Foods Business of Dole
- Pork Production Business in Canada
- Acquired in HYLIFE GROUP HOLDINGS LTD., one of Canada’s leading pork producers