ITOCHU Corporation strives to secure and improve accessibility so that more people can use the information and services provided on this website without any problem, regardless of age, physical restrictions, and environment.
Standards and Guidelines
We produce and operate the site to ensure accessibility according to the following standards and guidelines.
- Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS X 8341-3:2016)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 recommended by W3C
Layout and Display
- Describe according to appropriate document layout.
- Follow the specifications and grammar of W3C guidelines.
- Ensure that all or part of the screen will not blink in a quick cycle.
- Ensure that common navigation can be skipped.
- Describe the title of each page in a way that makes the contents easily understandable for users.
- Make links and buttons easy to identify and operate.
- Describe the size of data for links with elements that take time to process, such as PDF documents, videos, and applications.
- Place contact information in a visible location at the top of the page.
- Do not automatically proceed to another page or open a new page unless the user is notified in advance.
- Display necessary plug-in banners for data that requires a plug-in and display links to the site where the plug-in can be downloaded.
- Provide clear and simple explanations and supplementary explanations so that all users can understand and operate the content.
Operation and Input
- Enable most operations for a pointing device to be available on a keyboard as well (click, select, move, enlarge/reduce, navigation via Tab key and keystrokes).
- When time is restricted, enable users to extend or release the restrictions of time. When it cannot be implemented for some reasons, prepare alternative measures.
- Attach alternative text information to images.
- For linked images, describe the alternative information using the <Alt attribute> to make it possible to predict the content of the destination.
- For images and text that change or move, take into account changes in speed, color, and saturation. Also, users can suspend, stop, or hide it. They can also adjust the frequency of updating.
Characters and Language
- Specify legible size and font for text.
- Do not put spaces or line feeds in the middle of a word.
- Ensure that the program can interpret which language is used for the natural language of a passage or a phrase of the content.
- Ensure that the volume and the playing and stopping can be controlled by users.
- Do not play sound automatically. If it will play automatically, describe on the page that sound is being played.
- Have a function that allows users to move to the text if it is narrated by the browser.
- Write the content while taking into account narration by the browser.