Agreement concluded with Fukui Prefecture and CAPLAN to Promote Settling in Fukui
January 22, 2009
ITOCHU Corporation (hereinafter ITOCHU) and Fukui Prefectural Government in October 2004 entered into an agreement for a partnership in the area of Innovative technologies, and have focused on expanding commercial opportunities for the purpose of supporting and developing small and medium enterprises based in Fukui Prefecture.
To cooperate with the regional revitalization campaign as part of a promotion on the settling of new residents in Fukui Prefecture (Shin Fukui-jin shochi) driven by the Fukui Prefectural Government, ITOCHU signed a cooperation agreement today with Fukui Prefecture and CAPLAN Corporation (an ITOCHU subsidiary), a staffing agency covering a broad range of industries across the country. This is the first time for Fukui Prefecture to conclude an agreement with private companies concerning the settling of new residents.
1. Outline of the agreement
Take prompt and appropriate action on issues concerning the settling of new residents in Fukui Prefecture to revitalize the region.
2) Matters of cooperation
- Matters concerning the settling of new residents in Fukui Prefecture
- Matters concerning the increase of public awareness that Fukui Prefecture is a comfortable place to live
- Other matters concerning regional revitalization through the securing of human resources
3) Examples of specific action
- Set up a booth at CAPLAN headquarters and branch offices (information service, etc.) on the topic of settling in Fukui
- Provide information on services to support settling in Fukui Prefecture to registrants of CAPLAN outplacement services
- Upload information regarding settling in Fukui to the CAPLAN homepage
- Provide information on services to support settling in Fukui Prefecture to web registrants of partner outplacement services
2. Roles of ITOCHU
In line with the strategic partnership with Fukui Prefecture, ITOCHU will cooperate in expanding commercial opportunities for small and medium enterprises based in Fukui Prefecture to recruit human resources in the prefecture.
Also, ITOCHU will respond to inquiries regarding the agreement on the promotion, mediate between Fukui Prefecture and CAPLAN, and provide information to ITOCHU group companies and all parties concerned to increase public awareness of the agreement.